If you haven't been to college yet, you're probably going to find that it's quite a bit different than high school – especially if you're leaving your home for the first time or living on campus. College life is very different than high school life. It can be a lot more fun, but it's also more demanding. You'll have a lot more flexibility with your college classes, but a lot more responsibility as well. Some college professors don't take role or even require that you attend class. In fact, your entire grade may be determined by just a few projects and a final exam. It's easy being a new freshman, just out of high school, to proscrastinate until it's too late. In college there's also a lot more opportunity to mingle and get involve in social events, but they're also a lot more temptation to neglect your studies. In high school you had to study a lot to get good grades, in college you have to learn to study smart. These are just a few of the many aspects of student life at college.
This page is designed to provide current college students, and soon to be college students, a glimse into student life at college and to provide them information, resources, and advice that will help them have the best college experience possible.
Topics and Resources
Explore popular topics, resources and articles about financial aid for college and university students.
- Guide on Financial Aid for College Students
- 10 Easy Ways to Meet New People in College
- Living With a Roommate
- What to Do if You Have a Bad College Professor
- College Terms Defined
- How to Select the Best College Meal Plan
- Study Skills
- Test Preparation
- How To Be a Successful Adult Student
- Facing Your Fears of Returning to School as an Adult
- How to Take Care of Your Mental Health in College
- Nontraditional Students: Who Are They and What Do They Need?