Not all colleges are the same. Explore the factors you should consider when choosing a college such as accreditation, cost, location and type of school.
- Learn More
Explore the personal, financial and long-term future benefits of earning a college degree.
Community colleges are quickly becoming the institutions of choice for many career minded students.
Economics, politics, and even philosophy are changing the ways in which students are completing their education.
Higher Education Resources
Higher education, also known as tertiary education, and often referred to as post-secondary education, occurs primarily at four-year colleges and universities. However, higher education also includes various other post-secondary institutions, such as community colleges, career colleges, vocational schools and institutes of technology. Higher education institutions award degrees and professional certfications.
Explore a comprehensive selection of higher education resources, articles, and guides, including a searchable database of over 7,000 U.S. based colleges, universities, community colleges and technical schools.
Higher Ed Resources by Category
Explore higher education topics and resources by category.
Hot Topics and Resources
Explore popular higher education topics, resources and articles for educators, parents and students.
- Colleges Database (Search over 7,000 colleges and universities)
- Accreditation in Higher Education
- How to Select a College Major
- College Admissions
- How to Handle the Transition from High School to College
- How to Balance High School and College Dual Enrollment
- Month-by-Month Senior Year College Application Timeline
- In-depth Guide to Distance Learning
- Factors to Consider When Choosing a College or University
- Financial Aid Guide
- College Terms Defined
- Technology in Education: The Complete Guide
- The Value of A College Degree
- College Degrees Guide: List of College Degrees
- A Guide on Vocational Technical Schools
- Benefits of Continuing Education
- A Guide for Foreign Exchange Students
Colleges by State
Browse over 7,000 technical schools, career schools, 2-year community colleges, and 4-year colleges and universities organized by state. Our list of colleges includes every registered higher education institution in the United States and is updated annually. Data is based on IPEDs provided by the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
- American Samoa
- District of Columbia
- Federated States of Micronesia
- Marshall Islands
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Northern Marianas
- Puerto Rico
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- Virgin Islands
- West Virginia
Colleges by Major
Browse over 7,000 vocational schools, community colleges, and 4-year colleges and universities organized by major, field of study and specialty. To get started, select a field of study below and then a specialty.
- Architecture and Related Services
- Area, Ethnic, Cultural, Gender, and Group Studies
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Business, Management, Marketing, and Related Support Services
- Communication, Journalism, and Related Programs
- Communications Technologies/technicians and Support Services
- Computer and Information Sciences and Support Services
- Construction Trades
- Engineering Technology
- English Language and Literature/letters
- Foreign Languages, Literatures, and Linguistics
- Health Services/allied Health/health Sciences
- Homeland Security, Law Enforcement, Firefighting and Related Protective Services
- Human Services
- Legal Studies
- Liberal Arts and Sciences Studies and Humanities
- Library Science
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Mechanics and Repairers
- Military Technologies and Applied Sciences
- Multi-/interdisciplinary Studies
- Natural Resources and Conservation
- Parks, Recreation, Leisure, and Fitness Studies
- Personal and Culinary Services
- Physical Sciences
- Precision Production Trades
- Science Technologies/technicians
- Social Sciences
- Theology and Religious Vocations
- Transportation and Materials Moving
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Work and Family Studies