Trying to figure out which college is best for you can be a daunting task, but you can do it. Learn what you should consider as you try and determine the best college for you.
- Learn More
Not all colleges are the same. Explore the factors you should consider when choosing a college such as accreditation, cost, location and type of school.
- Learn More
Explore the personal, financial and long-term future benefits of earning a college degree.
Community colleges are quickly becoming the institutions of choice for many career minded students.
Online degrees offer many benefits over traditional campus-based college programs.
Economics, politics, and even philosophy are changing the ways in which students are completing their education.
Higher Education Resources
Higher education, also known as tertiary education, and often referred to as post-secondary education, occurs primarily at four-year colleges and universities. However, higher education also includes various other post-secondary institutions, such as community colleges, career colleges, vocational schools and institutes of technology. Higher education institutions award degrees and professional certfications.
Explore a comprehensive selection of higher education resources, articles, and guides, including a searchable database of over 7,000 U.S. based colleges, universities, community colleges and technical schools.
Hot Topics and Resources
Explore popular higher education topics, resources and articles for educators, parents and students.
- Colleges Database (Search over 7,000 colleges and universities)
- Accreditation in Higher Education
- How to Select a College Major
- College Admissions Process - A Director's Perspective
- College Admissions Checklist
- College Preparation in 9th Grade
- College Preparation in 10th Grade
- College Preparation in 11th Grade
- Month-by-Month Senior Year College Application Timeline
- Facts About Online Degrees
- Factors to Consider When Choosing a College or University
- Financial Aid 101
- A Guide to Applying for Financial Aid
- College Terms Defined
- The Value of A College Degree
- College Degrees Guide: List of College Degrees
Higher Ed Resources by Category
Explore higher education topics and resources by category.
Colleges by State
Browse over 7,000 technical schools, career schools, 2-year community colleges, and 4-year colleges and universities organized by state. Our list of colleges includes every registered higher education institution in the United States and is updated annually. Data is based on IPEDs provided by the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
- American Samoa
- District of Columbia
- Federated States of Micronesia
- Marshall Islands
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Northern Marianas
- Puerto Rico
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- Virgin Islands
- West Virginia
Colleges by Major
Browse over 7,000 vocational schools, community colleges, and 4-year colleges and universities organized by major, field of study and specialty. To get started, select a field of study below and then a specialty.
- Architecture and Related Services
- Area, Ethnic, Cultural, Gender, and Group Studies
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Business, Management, Marketing, and Related Support Services
- Communication, Journalism, and Related Programs
- Communications Technologies/technicians and Support Services
- Computer and Information Sciences and Support Services
- Construction Trades
- Engineering Technology
- English Language and Literature/letters
- Foreign Languages, Literatures, and Linguistics
- Health Services/allied Health/health Sciences
- Homeland Security, Law Enforcement, Firefighting and Related Protective Services
- Human Services
- Legal Studies
- Liberal Arts and Sciences Studies and Humanities
- Library Science
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Mechanics and Repairers
- Military Technologies and Applied Sciences
- Multi-/interdisciplinary Studies
- Natural Resources and Conservation
- Parks, Recreation, Leisure, and Fitness Studies
- Personal and Culinary Services
- Physical Sciences
- Precision Production Trades
- Science Technologies/technicians
- Social Sciences
- Theology and Religious Vocations
- Transportation and Materials Moving
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Work and Family Studies