Not all colleges are the same. Explore the factors you should consider when choosing a college such as accreditation, cost, location and type of school.
- Learn More
Explore the personal, financial and long-term future benefits of earning a college degree.
Community colleges are quickly becoming the institutions of choice for many career minded students.
Explore the economic and social value of earning a college degree and getting a higher education.
Higher Education Resources
Higher education, also known as tertiary education, and often referred to as post-secondary education, occurs primarily at four-year colleges and universities. However, higher education also includes various other post-secondary institutions, such as community colleges, career colleges, vocational schools and institutes of technology. Higher education institutions award degrees and professional certifications.
Explore a comprehensive selection of higher education resources, articles, and guides, including a searchable database of over 7,000 U.S. based colleges, universities, community colleges and technical schools.
Higher Ed Resources by Category
Explore higher education topics and resources by category.
Hot Topics and Resources
Explore popular higher education topics, resources and articles for educators, parents and students.
- Colleges Database (Search over 7,000 colleges and universities)
- Accreditation in Higher Education
- How to Select a College Major
- College Admissions
- How to Handle the Transition from High School to College
- How to Balance High School and College Dual Enrollment
- Month-by-Month Senior Year College Application Timeline
- In-depth Guide to Distance Learning
- Factors to Consider When Choosing a College or University
- Financial Aid Guide
- Technology in Education: The Complete Guide
- The Value of A College Degree
- Return on Investment (ROI) by Education Level
- College Degrees Guide: List of College Degrees
- A Guide on Vocational Technical Schools
- Benefits of Continuing Education
- A Guide for Foreign Exchange Students
- Should I Take a Gap Year?