Use our study skills checklist to identify study skills areas where you should improve and focus.
Learn how to develop and apply effective study habits and become a highly effective student.
Discover which learning styles and preferences will benefit you and enhance your study skills.
Learn how to optimize your studying with effective time management.
Study Skills Guides
Active listening, reading comprehension, notetaking, stress management, time management, testing taking, and memorization are only a few of the topics addressed in our study skills guides for students. If you'll take the time to learn and apply the study skills concepts and principles taught in our guides you'll not only improve your performance in school but also your ability to learn in general -- and that will benefit you the rest of your life! Whether you're a freshman in college looking to get ahead, a teacher seeking study skills resources for your pupils, or a high school student just trying to survive you'll find the study skills guides, tutorials, and resource you need right below.
- Study Skills Checklist
- Discover Your Learning Style
- 10 Habits of Highly Successful Students
- Improving Reading Comprehension
- The Cornell System for Taking Notes
- Improving Your Note Taking
- Improving Your Memory
- Effective Listening Skills
- Using Effective Time Management To Optimize Your Studying
- Coping With Test Anxiety
- Finding a Good Study Location
- Using Studying Groups
- Strategies for Reading Textbooks
- A Guide for Studying Math
- Solving Math Word Problems
- Vocabulary Building Strategies
- Basics of Writing An Essay
- Writing Research Papers
- Setting and Achieving Goals
- The Forgetting Curve
- Test Preparation Tips
- Simple Strategies for Improving Test Performance
- Test Taking Strategies
- Short Answer Tests
- Taking Essay Tests
- Multiple Choice Test Taking Tips
- True/False Tests
- Quantitative/Math Tests
- Openbook Tests
- Oral Test Taking
- ACT Test Taking Strategies
- SAT Test Taking Tips and Techniques
- Top 5 GMAT Study Tips
- LSAT Strategies
- How To Study for the MCAT